Heather Stevenson, M.A.
Workshops and Consultations
All families have trouble now and again. Oftentimes, just a few sessions with an understanding and experienced professional can give you a new perspective on your family and can make a huge difference. Consultations cost $70/hour and are available via phone (including Skype) or in person. Sliding scale rates are available to lower-income families.
Workshops, Groups, and Classes
I regularly offer workshops, support groups, and classes that help parents with things they are currently struggling with, such as sleep issues, aggression, and sibling rivalry.
Presentations for Parents
I am available to do presentations for special occasions and community groups such as schools, non-profit organizations, churches, and mothers' groups. Topics for presentations include:
- How to raise drug-free kids
- Helping children through divorce
- Responding to tears, fears, and tantrums
- Peaceful conflict resolution/positive communication skills
- Discipline without punishments or rewards
- Addressing the reasons for children’s behavior
- Parenting while in recovery from drugs and alcohol
- Special issues facing lesbian and gay parents
Fees for these presentations range from free to $70/hour, depending on the circumstances. Contact me for more information!