Heather Stevenson, M.A.
How to Raise Drug-Free Kids
Information for Parents Concerned About Drugs
In conjunction with Kathleen Phalen, MSW, Certified Addictions Treatment Counselor, I offer classes, talks, and consultations on raising drug-free kids. These resources are designed for parents of children of all ages, as well as those whose children have already started using drugs. Contact Heather at 805-453-4570 or [email protected] for more information or to schedule a workshop for a group of parents.
How to Raise Drug-Free Kids teaches:
- Useful communication skills
- Positive discipline techniques
- The difference between controlling children and influencing them
- Techniques for building self-esteem in children
- The value in accepting children's emotions
- How children become self-motivated
- Ways to stay emotionally connected to your children
The full workshop fee includes a copy of the book Raising Drug-Free Kids
by Aletha Solter, Ph.D.
Other Services for Parents Concerned About Drugs
In addition to the workshop, we offer other types of education and assistance for parents on what they can do to raise drug-free kids. We have available four-week classes, one-day workshops, and two-hour introductory presentations on raising drug-free kids. We also offer private consultations for parents who want additional help or whose children are already using drugs.
Click here to see the Calendar of Events for currently available classes.